Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 by Maria Sotire
No one is ready to let summer go, but as a homeowner it is always better to be prepared. Once we get the kids back to school take a look at the following list of home maintenance.
Home maintenance is a year-round job. So, once we've turned off the A/C and before we turn on the heat, let's take a look at some to do items for your home improvement list:
• FURNACE: Inspect your furnace. Replace dirty filters, and clean registers and grilles. Call for your yearly inspection/tune up.
• WINDOWS & DOORS: Use caulk, spray foam, and weather stripping to plug leaks. Consider if it is time for replacements.
• AIR SEALING: Your home has many "air leaks" that you may not be aware of: Seal plumbing and electrical "holes" that go through your walls, floors and ceilings.
• INSULATE: You can always add more insulation like fiberglass or spray foam insulation to the attic floor and house walls.
• WATER HEATER INSULATION: You can wrap your water heater if the manufacturer allows. And cover any exposed pipes with pre-made insulation jackets.
• GUTTERS & LEADERS: Make sure your gutters & leaders (downspouts) are clean to help prevent Ice Daming. Ice daming is when the ice builds up and pushes it's way under the roofing shingles - causing leaks and roof damage.
• CHIMNEY: Before you make your first fire in your fireplace, make sure that the chimney and venting system is clean and working properly.
our service area